If you score well, GMAT exam can help you be competitive in the MBA Admissions process. GMAT exam for MBA Admissions questions your abilities in graduate level reading, writing, and math.
But how hard is the GMAT exam? Though the test is supposed to be quite challenging, but it totally depends on how you handle a 4-hour test day, the GMAT score you are aiming at, and how much you need to improve yourself.
Is GMAT Exam Hard?
Well, GMAT is considerably easier than many online exams if you move ahead with the right approach. If you imagine how hard is to tie laces of your shoes or how hard it is to eat ice cream, well, then the GMAT exam is much harder than those. However, the truth behind the hardness of GMAT exam depends and let us sees how to evaluate the same.
Physical and Logistical Demands
If you think of just showing up and taking the GMAT exam, the GMAT is hard. In order to maintain your concentration and focus during the test, obviously you need to be physically sound, well-rested, and well-nourished. While preparing for the exam, make sure you follow these things:
- Avoid alcohol in the week leading up to your GMAT
- Get three or four consecutive nights of 8+ hours of sleep.
- On the test day, drink lots of water, have healthy snacks, and do some stretching during the breaks.
How Challenging is to secure a Good GMAT Score?
This is a question which is often asked by people, but the reality is that anyone can waltz into the GMAT exam without any preparation, do shoddy work, and get a poor score without putting much efforts.
But what for the one who really care for their score? How hard is GMAT for them? Well, this is the ‘it depends’ part so let us take a look at the following:
- Average score on GMAT is around 561.
- Only 27% of GMAT aspirants score over 650, and only 12% cross that magical 700 threshold score. A score above 700 is generally what candidates have in mind when they consider a good GMAT score.
- If you constantly score in the 99th percentile of standardized tests, then getting over a 700 mark on GMAT shouldn’t be a difficult task with even moderate preparation.
- In order to get a rough idea of your starting point, take the Kaplan GMAT prep tests and get exciting Kaplan discount codes.
- However, if you are taking practice tests at home, join the Kaplan GMAT prep tests that come with interesting Kaplan discount.
Now that you are well-aware of the level of GMAT exam based on your current GMAT score, now comes the ways to enhance your GMAT score. How do you improve your GMAT score? Well, let us unravel the same!
How to Improve your GMAT Score?
Pushing yourself beyond what you have already achieved, pushing yourself towards your own excellence- it always is hard for each one of us. But improving on your GMAT score requires focus, responsibility, dedication, determination and commitment towards your studies. And if these are the qualities you do not like to exercise or bring in your routine, then the whole picture of management in the modern day business world might not fall in your favor. Remember, if you do only what most people do, you will get only what most of the people get. However, if you want to stand out, obviously you have to take an outstanding action.
So if you are all set to do outstanding work in your GMAT preparation, that’s is quite hard, but with the right approach and study material, the results will successfully pay you off.