QBWin.log or the QuickBooks.log files are files which will help in identifying the errors that are caused in the company file. These files record all the errors that occur in the QuickBooks Company File. In the Windows system, these files are known as QBWin.log while in Mac they are known as QuickBooks.log. If you wish to learn more about this error, then you can reach out to QuickBooks support number that stays accessible 24*7 round the clock to help you in fixing it.
QuickBooks for Windows System
You need to know that each QuickBooks versions haveits own QBWin.log. You also need to know that whenever you try running the QuickBooks accounting software, then the old QBWin.log file is replaced after by new file.
- Follow step 1, if QuickBooks installed in your system is a single installation.
- If the files cannot be found in the default path, then you will have to display it as for hidden files and folders by visiting the option of Set Up Folder And Windows Access Permissions To Share Company Files.
Methods to Access QBWin.log On A Local Computer
Follow the below-mentioned steps for accessing the QBWin.log on the local computer:
Method 1:Try to Access QBWin.log from the QuickBooks Product Information screen
- Try to press the F2 key while you are on the Home page of the QuickBooks so that you can open Product Information.
- Now hit on F3 key or hold Ctrl and two together for opening the Tech Help.
- Go to Open File and choose the logs which you want to open.
Method 2:Try to Access the QBWin.log in Windows System
You need to go to the folder where the QBWin.log file is located. Mainly the locationis C:\Users\UNAME\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks\log\XX.X\QBWin.log
Note – The XX.X here refers to the Version of the QuickBooks used by you.
How Can YouAccess the QBWin.log On Rights Networks?
QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier users:
- You need to visit the Start menu of the Hosted environment and then hit on the option of Computer.
- In the search bar, you have to enter the log.
- Then you can see the pop-up ofQBWin.logson your computer screen.
- Now try locating the QBWin.log file along with the latest timestamp.
QuickBooks Enterprise Solution users:
- Press F2 key while you are on the Home screen of QuickBooks so that you can openthe window of Product Information.
- You have to pressthe F3 key for opening the page of Tech Help.
- Go to the option of Open File > Logs > Open log files.
QuickBooks for Mac System
- You need to know that there is no separate section for the Verify or Rebuild log in the Mac system.
- For every user, the QuickBooks.log file is generated automatically.
- Remember that QuickBooks for Mac does not create new log files whenever you run the QuickBooks software like the Windows system.
How to Access the Quickbooks.log in OSX 10.7 or later version?
- You need to click on the option of Go to Folder that is there on the Go section.
- Enter ~/Library.
- Now open the QuickBooks from the Logs folder.
- Now you need to double click on the log file to open it.
If the steps mentioned above do not help you in accessing the log files of QuickBooks, then you can reach to professionals. You can call QuickBooks helpline number to seek the assistance of the experts who can fix the problem quickly without any difficulty.