There are several versions of the poker game; each variation has specific characteristics and different strategies. But this game is relatively easy to learn. So, dig into this beginner’s guide to know how to play this compelling game with easy and simple steps.
- In a stud game, five or seven cards (for some games) are dealt with each player. Players then determine their hands’ relative strength, and wager chips accordingly. If someone else can suit the player’s bet, the player who bets the most chips wins.
- In a draw game, five cards are dealt with each player, and a betting round ensues. The remaining players can then seek to upgrade their hands by exchanging as many as three cards from the deck for a new three.
The betting round has the following options:
- Raise – If the player thinks he/she can win the game then he/she can increase the wager required to continue playing
- Fold – If the player thinks he/she cannot win the particular game then he/she can lay down his cards
- Call- If the player has raised the stakes, each player must determine whether to raise the stakes again, give up and fold his/her hand
Understand the rankings of the cards:
- Straight- A straight is a five-card hand consisting of a series of cards going. If two players have straights, the higher straight card wins.
- Flush- It is a flush when all five cards in hand are of the same suit. If there is a flush between two players, the person with the highest card in that suit wins.
- Complete house– It is a Complete House when a player has three-of-a-kind cards and a pair in the same hand.
- Royal Flush- This great combination is the best card combination for all, created by a straight flush that runs to the Ace, making it unbeatable.
Understand the game betting rules:
- If the player does not put money in the first round, in this case, the bet is passed to the next player.
- When one player is not willing to make a move, then the bet raised by another player will win the pot, and the game is over.
- If each player has dealt their two cards, then, in this case, the first betting round, known as pre-flop, is started. And the player has the option to match the sum of the big blind in any round by adding more money to the pot.
- After the first betting round is over, three cards are dealt face-up in the middle of the table. These are known as group cards, as everybody is required to use them to make up their overall hand along with their hole cards.
You can play poker on various online gaming platforms that have a variety of different features and eye-catching graphics. Many websites also let you choose your favourite playing rooms that can, by the way, impact your winning chances.