If one notices that there are some snowflakes on the shoulders in winter then it is definitely from dandruff attacks. It is true that dandruff situations can get worse in winter but the flakes that one gets to see do not happen because of dry air. It mainly happens because of the increase of a fungus called malassezia in the scalp. So, one has to be extra cautious if they want to prevent dandruff in winter.
Here are some easy tips for dandruff free hair in winter which one can follow.
- Firstly, one needs to enter into a warm shower and then apply a quarter amount of anti dandruff shampoo (which is suitable for your scalp condition) on the hair strands mainly focusing on the scalp area. Then keep the shampoo for 5 minutes so that it can work properly and then finally wash it out thoroughly so that no trace of shampoo remains there. One needs to do that every alternate day so that it can remove all the malassezia fungus accumulation on the scalp.
- Then wet the hair well and take 3 to 4 table spoons of baking soda and rub it well on the wet scalp. Use gentle massaging motion so that it can loosen up all the flakes and dead skin cells. The wash it down well with warm water.
- One can take 2 table spoons of fresh lemon juice and then massage it well on the scalp with the help of finger tips. Then rinse the hair well with warm water. Then pour another spoon of lemon juice in a cup of water and then pour it on the head. Do not rinse it out. Let it stay.
- One can pour 2 to 3 table spoons of table salt in hand and then massage that gently on the scalp. This will help to loosen up the dead skin accumulated on the scalp. Keep it for a few minutes and then wash the hair by using a mild shampoo. One can also use a conditioner after shampoo if required.
- One also needs to sit outside in the sun fir at least half an hour every day. It is true that ultra violet rays can help to reduce dandruff problems in winter. But before sitting in the sun one should use sun screen
In order to reduce dandruff, one should use shampoo at least twice per week in warmer months. One can also alternate between 2 anti dandruff shampoos to get better results. If the dandruff condition worsens then one needs to visit a proper dermatologist to get it checked and do a proper topical treatment. It is a good idea not to use much of styling things on the hair like mousse or gel. This can worsen the dandruff conditions. One can also use ketomac shampoo hair loss and keep the hair strong. One should also brush their hair twice a day to eliminate the flakes from the scalp and keep the blood flow normal.