Who does not like to have a hassle-free tour experience?
No matter how much we want it, it is difficult to achieve, if we do not keep certain things in mind while planning the vacation.
Just as Benjamin Franklin said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail”, you should prepare yourself for the worst, as well as plan to achieve the best when you are out of your comfort zone. Remember, nothing in the world comes with a 100% assurance. Even the best international tour operator in India will not be able to provide it, but a proper plan can at least help you be confident about managing adverse situations if any.
Keep these 10 things in mind while planning your trip:
- Create copies of important documents – Create copies of your passport, driving license, identity cards and all the other documents that you deem necessary. A lot of places in India (and abroad) require these documents to approve travel passes. For example, if you visit border areas like Ladakh or Lake Tsomgo in Sikkim, you won’t get a travel pass without proper documents.
- Get travel insurance – Talk to your tour operator about getting your trip insured. It will help protect your money in case you need to cancel your trip or postpone it. You should also get health insurance if you are traveling overseas. Contact an outbound tour operator to learn more about such insurances.
- Learn the local dialect – You should be able to communicate properly with the local people to make the most of your trip. Moreover, learning some basic phrases and expressions will also help you develop a better relationship with the people and enhance your tour experience.
- Buy gears for your electronic gadgets – Of course, you don’t wish to spoil your trip over a faulty mobile charger or a broken camera lens, right? Right. So, why don’t you get those checked beforehand and see if you need extras?
- Know your Visa requirements – Every country has different sets of Visa regulations, and it is always better to learn about the same for the country you are planning to visit. Most tour operators will take care of your Visa requirements, but a little knowledge can be no harm, right?
- Prioritize your preferences – When it comes to accommodation, every individual has his/her preferences, likes and dislikes. Make sure you know what exactly you want so that you can pick the right place to stay. Creating a list of your preferences is a good idea.
- Manage your cash flow – You shouldn’t worry about carrying cash if you are visiting a first-world country. However, some remote areas in India, South Africa, or other developing countries are not digitized enough to guarantee electronic transfer of payments. If you are planning a vacation in those places, it is important to carry enough cash with you.
- Transportation – It is advisable to consult a reliable domestic tour operator in India to get an idea about the types of public transport that are available in your chosen destination. In India, there is a lack of uniformity in the same unlike some foreign countries, where getting a cab or public transport is a cakewalk.
- Types of cuisines – You also need to get informed about the local cuisines of your holiday destination, so that you can plan your diet. You may be allergic to some food, and the initial research will prevent you from unwarranted surprises (or shocks).
- Mobile requirements – When you are traveling abroad, you should activate an international roaming package on your cell phones or buy a local SIM card once you land there. It will ensure seamless communication with your family, friends and colleagues.
Nothing seems to be enough when you are planning a vacation, and it is completely natural. As mentioned earlier, getting a 100% guarantee on your trip is almost impossible, especially if you are traveling to a place for the first time. It can be daunting to plan a trip with your family or a large group, as the stakes are quite high. However, if you can get in touch with a reliable domestic/international tour operator in India, the headache will be reduced to a minimum, as they will take care of the crucial things and leave only the preferential planning to you. Therefore, it is important to find a tour operator you can put your faith in. The rest will automatically fall in order.
I wish you a hassle-free vacation!