In this article we are going to discuss the Error Code 6147 and its solution. This error generally occurs in the QuickBooks application if the user tries to open/access the client company file or their backup.If you want some more information then Contact Quickbooks help line number.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 6147 Occurs?
Error code 6147 might occur due to too many reasons. Few are given below:
- Damage or Corrupt QB Company files with .QBW extension.
- Incorrect backup file path.
- Backup file name must be exceeding the 210-character limit.
- Improper QuickBooks desktop Installation.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6147
- The windows start running sluggishly
- The system frequently crashes with the error code
- A problem was detected and the system shuts down
- Windows unable to respond to keyboard and mouse inputs
- The active program window crashes with the error code 6147
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147
In order to resolve this error successfully – QB user must try every possible troubleshooting method. Some of the fixation methods are mentioned below.
The QB user is supposed to install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. This utility assists the users to resolve the errors associated with the corrupted company data & network errors. You can directly go to the official website of Intuit in order to eliminate the error.
Ensure that the QuickBooks backup file name is correct. If it’s not correct or exceed the character limit – go to a new location and restore the backup files by following steps given below.
- Make sure that the system isn’t running over the multi-user environment.
- Restore the backup files that are stored in the system.
- Later, verify if the error code still exists.
- In case, the error code still exists – change the QB Company file name if a way that its name doesn’t contain characters more than 120.
Use the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool in order to search and fix the damaged company files. In case, this tool doesn’t help you out – you must go through the recommended data damage fixation steps.
In case, you find that the QuickBooks backup files start becoming a problem. If the QB file located at network drive or backup files are hosted by the Online QuickBooks backup – you have to move & save the QB associated files to some other location.
- Confirm that system hosting isn’t done.
- In the QuickBooks application, choose the “File” menu.
- Later, choose the “Utilities” tab.
- If the user sees the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User’ option in the drop-down menu – the QB user is supposed to follow the steps below.
- First, restrict the access to ‘Multiple User Hosting’.
- A screen will pop-up with a “Yes” icon. Click on it.
- Later, a new window will appear. Choose the “Yes” icon with the closed company file.
- Finally, restore the present backup file in the system.
Check and configure the “Trend Micro Active Scan” settings. Follow the steps shown below.
- First, find out the Company file location.
- Without touching any QB Company file, press the “Ctrl” key on the keyboard and click on the “QuickBooks” icon in order to open it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the desired company file.
- Later, open the “Trend Micro Active Scan” setting. Afterward, choose the folder and add it as an exception.
- The very first step is to open the folder with QuickBooks company file
- After that the user needs to look for the .ADR folder
- And then, open the folder and spot the recent ADR file