Shopify Unite is an event specifically designed by merchants and partners to unite the global Shopify community and explore the future of eCommerce development services with path-breaking inventions and prospective plans. Reunite was its first live broadcast event to connect and widen the Shopify ecosystem during the pandemic. This article outlines some important highlights of the pandemic edition of the Shopify Reunite conducted in May 2020. If you particularly use this platform or are planning to migrate to Shopify, then keep reading this article to find some insightful announcements and developments.
Featured Categories for Updating Ecommerce Development Services: 2020 Version
- Ecommerce Cash Flow
- Virtual Store Development
- Omnichannel Solutions
- Operational Support
- Performance Upgrade
Ecommerce Cash Flow
Shopify is planning to empower merchants and Shopify partners with advanced business financial instruments.
- Shopify Balance: Shopify Balance aims to enable access for merchants to critical financial products to kickstart and expand their businesses. It will be launched in the US this year and later expand to other countries. It will include:
- Shopify Balance Account: user account within Shopify Admin where sellers can promptly track their cash flow, outstanding bills, and expenses to make data-driven business decisions. There are no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements.
- Shopify Card: This includes physical and virtual cards for merchants to quickly access their cash when spending in-store or online.
- Rewards: This includes cashback offers and discounts via Shopify Balance for regular business expenses.
- Shopify Capital: It is an online application program offering financial aid for SMEs (small to medium enterprises). Shopify has decided to issue amounts ranging from $200 to $1,000,000.
- Shop Pay Instalments: Shop pay is an installment program for both buyers and merchants. It enables shoppers to pay for their online purchases in four payments without any levied interest. Further, it reduces payment risk for merchants as they receive the full sale amount at once. Shopify handles the oncoming installments.
Virtual Store Development
With the pandemic having upended business practices, business owners are increasingly adopting eCommerce development services. Shopify accelerated this transition with new tools and avenues within Shopify development services.
- Express theme to set up new businesses deftly.
- Free gift cards to support merchants.
- Tipping features for buyers to show their support towards their favorite brands.
- Local Domain and Multicurrency feature for international selling.
- Custom FX pricing feature to combat currency value fluctuations.
- Drag and Drop interface to customize and enhance UX (user experience) without any written code.
- Checkout app extensions to promote subscriptions with upsell functionality.
Shopify Ecommerce Development services extended their reach beyond online retail to enable merchants to set up omnipresence across every channel to pull sales.
- Shopify POS with QR codes for contactless payout and live inventory browsing.
- Free Shopify Email for merchants with a variety of built-in templates and automated email features.
- Facebook Shops to set up miniature and simple online store versions over Instagram and Facebook.
- Shopify partnered with Google for free Google shopping listings to mention sellers and widen their market share.
- Shopify Ping, a free messaging app for merchants to seamlessly connect with their customers. It can be integrated with popular messaging platforms like Apple Business Chat and Facebook Messenger.
- Shop App, a free personal channel for assisting merchants, enables nearby localization, personalized product recommendations, and delivery tracking.
Streamlining business operations and backend work has always been a challenge for every eCommerce service provider. However, merchants can exercise better control over their admin part with the following Shopify eCommerce development updates:
- Product States for flexible product catalog management.
- Faster product development enabling bulk addition even through mobile devices.
- Organized customer order display with relevant details on a single page.
Shopify prioritized website loading speed to be among the fastest eCommerce websites for better performance and quality experience. It introduced the following features under eCommerce development services:
- Shopify Renderer: Shopify rebuilt its hosting engine to imprint a merchant website’s liquid theme over a user’s browser with 40 to 200 times improvement in loading time. Consequently, it will lead to better conversions.
- Monitor store performance with an online dashboard to troubleshoot issues promptly.
These announcements will enable merchants to future-proof their business and thrive. In this article, we outlined every Reunite announcement pertaining to e-commerce development services. However, if you are seeking some specific advice for your Shopify store then feel free to contact us.
Avail Our Shopify Development Services To Maximize Business Growth
We are a seasoned digital marketing company providing Shopify eCommerce Development services for varied business requirements. As a full-service digital marketing agency, we enable businesses with robust and scalable websites optimized for enhanced user-convenience and better interoperability. We have completed several full-scale eCommerce projects for clients from across the globe. For business queries, reach out to us at email@example.com