HCL, with its Training and Staffing Services, offers ‘iBelieve’, which is a career-focused program for women. This program has been designed for women who wish to have a career in the IT sector; it empowers them through counselling sessions and classroom training. It is a fee-based training program which assures a starting salary of INR 2.58 lakhs for women who wish to work in the IT industry.
This training program is apt for women who are looking for ways to make a comeback in the IT sector and wants to invest in them. HCL ensures that women joining this program will be re-skilled & trained as per the latest technical & business skills so that they can work in the demanding jobs of today’s work environment. However, the duration and the type of training will differ on the basis of the varying experience levels of women enrolled under this program.
The idea behind this program is to help women pick up their career from where they justify off. This program offered at HCL TSS Program has received an excellent response in India ever since it was launched. The lack of women representation in the IT sector has been a major topic of discussion for years. Even though the gender parity in the IT industry of India is much better than other countries, still it can be seen that only a handful of women reach leadership positions.
The fundamental tenets of ‘iBelieve’ are Empower, Enable & Employ: Empowering women to believe in themselves through the counselling sessions and enabling them with the extensive classroom training & diversified lead policies, and employing them at HCL for further growth in their career.
Through this program, customized skilling pathways are provided to the candidates as per their past experience and education qualification. Various employment plans that are available under this program are as follows:
- START– Candidates who have science or engineering background with 0 – 2 years of experience in the IT or non-IT sector can start their careers in the new-age skills with the NOW and NEXT 6-month training program. NEXT technologies will be including the latest technologies that will help the candidate to progress in their career.
- RE-START– If the candidate wants to make a comeback after a career break and has prior experience in the IT industry, they can pursue a refresher training program in the same technical stream in which they have worked in for a period of 3 months based on their technical competency, that’ll be assessed through interviews / online assessments.
- The candidates should have completed their graduation in the year 2015 or before.
- Education qualification- B. E. / B. Tech / M.Sc. (CS/IT/SE) / B.Sc. (Mathematics/Physics/Stats/CS/IT) / BCA / M. Tech
- Experience: IT or Non-IT Freshers / Currently Employed in the IT or Non-IT / Currently on a Career Break
- Applicant should have secured 65% & above Marks in Graduation.
- Women should be a resident of- Delhi, Noida, Faridabad, Gurugram, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad or Gautam Budh Nagar. And they should have a valid address proof approved by Govt. of India.
Program fee: Starts from INR 1 lakhs depending upon the program for which you are selected. Also, financial assistance in the form of bank loans will be available.
The training for this HCL Training program will be conducted by HCL TSS (Training and Staffing Services) which is a division subsidiary of HCL Technologies. After the successful completion of the training program, candidates will be deployed with the HCL Technologies.
Through ‘iBelieve’, women coming from diverse backgrounds will be trained and hired for jobs in the-
- Application and Product development
- Mechanical Automation
- Support and Testing.