Swansea University is based in South Wales and currently has around 20,000 students enrolled across two campuses. The Singleton Park campus was established in 1920 and is home to the Swansea University Medical School, College of Human and Health Sciences, College or Arts and Humanities, and the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law. The Bay Campus opened in 2015 and is home to the College of Engineering, School of Management, and Computer Science.
Traditional strengths lie within the science subjects, but are strongly supported by humanities subjects, which are globally recognized. Swansea is ranked in the top 30 institutions in the UK (The Times University Guide 2020), and in the top 15 for Graduate Employment. The University has an excellent 97% employment record.
Admission Guide for studying at Swansea University UK
Swansea also has one of the best student experiences in the UK according to its students, who consistently vote the University in the top 10 in the National Student Survey and WhatUni. Swansea has a low cost of living compared to other major cities in the UK. The city is vibrant, lively, friendly and often referred to as ‘home away from home’.
Services for International Students
At the beginning of the year, Swansea runs a meet and greets service from Heathrow Airport as well as a week-long induction program to help students settle in. During term time, the English Language Training Service offers personalized English language support, as well as numerous pre-sessional courses.
We have a permanent office which is dedicated to helping international students on each campus known as International Campus Life. So, get help from study abroad, consultants in Islamabad for a complete guide on the admission process. They offer help, advice, and guidance on all matters relating to overseas students, including visas, money, and welfare.
- 31st in the Times University Guide 2020
- 31st in the Guardian University Guide 2020
- 474th in the QS World University Rankings 2021
- Swansea received a Gold award for Teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework.
Residential Services provides accommodation for almost 4,500 students and all first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students are guaranteed University accommodation if you apply before June 31st. The largest site is 4km from the main Singleton Campus, with over 1,000 rooms available. Most accommodation areas are a mixture of en suite and standard rooms for all students.
The University also runs Student Accommodation Swansea, which arranges shared houses for students in the city, as well as assisting students in finding private rented accommodation.
Fee Structure for the University
SEPTEMBER 2020 ENTRY
- 1st Installment (At least 50%) before or at enrolment
- 2nd Installment (25%) due by February 5th 2021
- Final Installment (25%) due by May 7th 2021
JANUARY 2021 ENTRY
- 1st Installment (At least 50%) before or at enrolment
- 2nd Installment (25%) due by May 19th 2021
- UG Final Installment (25%) due by July 5th 2021
- PG Final Installment (25%) due by September 3rd 2021
Swansea is Wales’ second-largest city, on its south coast about 70km west of Cardiff. The University campuses are close to the city center, and on the beach. While the area is mostly famous for watersports and coastal scenery, the city provides a vibrant nightlife and cultural scene, famous amongst the UK students particularly.
Highly Qualified Teachers and Alumni
- Lyn Evans CBE (Project Leader, Large Hadron Collider, CERN)
- Paul Pindar (Chief Executive of Capita)
- Geoffrey Thomas (President of Kellogg College, Oxford)
- Isatou Njie-Saidy (Vice-President of The Gambia)
Study programs and faculties
College of Arts and Humanities
- Communication, Media Practice and Public Relations, MA
- Development and Human Rights, MA
- Digital Media, MA
- Gender and Culture, MA
- History, MA
- International Security and Development, MA
- Politics, MA
- Professional Translation, MA
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, MA
- Translation and Interpreting, MA
College of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering, MSc
- Chemical Engineering, MSc
- Civil Engineering, MSc
- Communications Engineering, MSc
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, MSc
- Materials Engineering, MSc
- Mechanical Engineering, MSc
- Power Engineering and Sustainable Energy, MSc
College of Human and Health Sciences
- Gerontology and Ageing Studies, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc
College of Law and Criminology
- Applied Criminal Justice and Criminology, MA
- Human Rights, LLM
- Intellectual Property & Commercial Practice, LLM
- International Commercial and Maritime Law, LLM
- International Commercial Law, LLM
- International Maritime Law, LLM
- International Trade Law, LLM
- Oil and Gas Law, LLM
College of Science
- Advanced Computer Science, MSc
- Computer Science, MSc
- Environmental Dynamics and Climate Change, MSc
- Mathematics and Computing for Finance, MSc
School of Management
- Accounting and Finance, MSc
- Economics and Finance, MSc
- Economics, MSc
- Finance and Business Analytics, MSc
- Finance, MSc
- Financial Management, MSc
- International Banking and Finance, MSc
- Investment Management, MSc
- Management, MSc
- Strategic Marketing, MSc
Get admission in Swansea University to study in UK!
Summing up, Swansea University offers a variety of courses including foundation, undergraduate degrees, taught and research postgraduate programs in hundreds of subject areas ranging from accounting to zoology.
This world-leading university is based less than five minutes from Swansea Bay in one of the UK’s safest regions. Swansea is a coastal city situated in Wales, less than an hour from Cardiff and three hours from London. You can consult with the renowned study abroad consultants in Islamabad for a hustle-free admission process.
The University offers a range of international scholarships including the Excellence Scholarship which awards students who have demonstrated academic excellence. Swansea University has an international reach with staff, students, partnerships, and research links stretching across the globe. Approximately 20 percent of Swansea University students are international, with 130 nationalities making the campuses friendly, vibrant, and diverse.