There are many ways to learn and practice yoga. But when you want to immerse this healthy lifestyle into your mind, body and soul, you need to learn it from expert yoga instructors in certified yoga retreats in India.
India is the homeland of yoga and here you can find various spiritual yoga retreats India offering programs like 200-hour, 300-hour or 500-hour yoga training for an eye-opening learning experience. Most yoga retreats in India are found in beautiful, natural locations, such as beaches or mountainous places in Goa, Rishikesh, Mysore, etc., to form a deep connection between body and mind.
What to expect from yoga retreats in India?
When coming to India for yoga training, many questions and doubts may pop in your mind. But here are some essential things that the best yoga retreats in India offer:
- Practise collectively with like-minded people: The practice of uniting body and mind is done with a community of like-mind people in yoga retreats. You will be connecting with various people who are dedicated to yoga just like you. So, be prepared to be surrounded by people while practising yoga in such spiritual retreats.
- Daily intense yoga practise:While you must be taking regular yoga classes, your regular responsibilities in life sometimes don’t leave enough time to devote to yoga. But when you join a Vinyasa yoga course in India, you will be practising yoga for hours daily. And you will also find improvement in your yoga learning and practises regularly.
- Trying new things:Yoga retreats are not just to make you do the same things throughout the course. Rather, you will be trying various postures that you may not have tried before. You will also get a chance to explore the different places by indulging in activities like hiking, cave exploring, deep-sea diving, bicycling and nature excursions. Just like any vacation, your yoga course will be an adventurous experience.
- Healthy Eating: Expect to get healthy, vegetarian food at your yoga retreat. You will be served all-natural and healthy foods to help you energise your daily practice.
- Off-Grid Living: While yoga retreats in India do have access to Wi-Fi, you will get an opportunity to switch off your internet-enabled devices to focus more on the inner connection of your body with the mind.
- Spiritual Enlightenment:Retreats will spiritually enlighten you both mentally and physically. You will be able to perceive things differently after achieving the feeling of immersing yourself completely into the natural environment around you while practising yoga. You will be able to take out more time for yourself while returning to your sacred self and learning what’s more important to you. And, all that can be done when you have a true connection with your inner-self.
These are some basic things you can expect in yoga retreats in India. However, each retreat package varies as per the location and retreat owners. But mostly these packages include healthy meals, specific yoga style, planned activities and one-on-one interaction with teachers or instructors. Some retreats also offer multiple classes every day, while others have only one class per day. So, do proper research when looking for an apt yoga retreat for your practice.