Health and FitnessUrolithiasis Management and Prevention in Bangalore

AdminAugust 28, 2019488 min

Urolithiasis is a special kind of procedure that is referred to synonymously with the formation of stones. The stones are normally formed in the kidney, bladder or urethra. These types of stones constitute the main hue for the formation of blood in the urine. Pain in the abdomen is also caused by stones. These types of stones are occurred in about 5% of the world population even for some instances in their lives. When the stones are located in the urinary tract, the disease becomes Urolithiasis.  

Urolithiasis is also called nephrolithiasis. This is a word derived from the word nephros meaning Kidney and lithos which means stone.

Risk Factors

Although urinary tract stones can be had off by any person, these are more common within male persons. These types of stones normally develop between the ages of 20 and 49. The people having worse chances of getting multiple attacks of urinary tract stones usually develop the first stones during the second or third decade of life. The second invasion paves the path for many such attacks.

The inhabitants of developed countries are higher prone to Urothiasis than those present in developed countries. This distinction is presumed to have created with the food habits with the people from these two types of countries.

The disease of Urolithiasis may also be raised from the genetic factor. People having Urothiasis in their family history have higher chances to get an invasion. 

This disease is also prevalent with pregnant women; in fact, there are shreds of evidence that relevant changes owing to pregnancy increase the risk of stone formation. The presence of increased progesterone levels and diminished fluid intake due to a decreasing bladder capacity are accused of the formation of stone in the urinary tract during pregnancy.

Diagnosis

The Urologists in Bangalore suspect the presence of stones in the urinary tract when patient reports of the sudden onset of excruciating, cramping pain in their low back or abdomen. Imaging tests are normally advised which involves the performance of a non-contrast CT scanning. Such a type of scanning left the patient exposed to frequent radiation. Therefore, USG in combination with plain abdominal X-ray is recommended particularly for treating pregnant women.   

Common Treatment

Stones in the Urinary Tract pass with urine in a dissolved state. Therefore, the Urologists in Bangalore recommend the consumption of an additional amount of fluid, mainly water. The medications that are normally used include Toradol. It is an injectable anti-inflammatory drug. It is prescribed along with narcotics to control pain when over-the-counter pain control medications are not effective. However, Toradol is not prescribed when lithotripsy is applied to the patient. The application of lithotripsy increases the risk of bleeding. 

Aspirin and NSAIDs are not applied in cases where the patient has an impaired kidney function. In cases where the patient is suffering from nausea and vomits frequently, Intravenous pain medications might be tried. 

The presence or occurrence of mutilated factors may also affect the ability of the body to make a stone pass. These factors include the size of the person, history of stone passage during previous years, prostate enlargement, pregnancy, and the size of the stone. The probability of passage of a 4 mm stone is 80%; the chance falls dramatically to a mere 20% while the size becomes 5 mm. The stones having sizes larger than 9 mm to 10 mm have a rare chance to pass if specific treatment is not applied.

The medicines prescribed by the Urologists in Bangalore are used to increase the rate of kidney stone passage include calcium channel blockers and alpha-blockers. The calcium channel blockers are available in the form of nifedipine that includes Adalat, Procardia, Afeditab, and Nifediac. The alpha-blockers include tamsulosin or Flomax. These drugs are applied for stone cases where the sizes of stones are larger than 9 mm.

If you are looking for the best Urologist in Bangalore, visit Credihealth online portal. 

Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *