Most people associate neurosurgery with brain surgery, but there is so much more! It is the medical specialty dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from injuries to, or diseases/disorders of, the brain, spinal cord, and spinal column, as well as peripheral nerves throughout the body. Adult and juvenile patients are both treated in the field of neurosurgery. A neurological surgeon may give surgical and/or non-surgical treatment depending on the type of damage or condition.
When it comes to neurosurgery, Fortis Hospital Gurgaon is one of the top hospitals in Gurgaon. They try to make the patient’s experience as comfortable as possible by using outstanding staff and cutting-edge technologies. Visit Credihealth for additional information on the subject.
Who is a neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon is a medical practitioner who specializes in brain surgery. Neurosurgeons are medically trained neurosurgery professionals who can treat patients suffering from back and neck pain, as well as a number of other diseases such as trigeminal neuralgia, head traumas, and Parkinson’s disease.
Neurosurgeons treat neurological disorders surgically as well as non-surgically (i.e., prevention, diagnosis, assessment, therapy, critical care, and rehabilitation). Neurosurgeons are regularly contacted by emergency department doctors, neurologists, internists, family practitioners, and osteopaths due to their great competence in the diagnosis of all neurological disorders.
Most common neurosurgical procedures
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy: Almost everyone will suffer some form of neck discomfort at some point in their lives. If a herniated disc is the source of your neck discomfort, a neurosurgeon is the only treatment. The discomfort that radiates from ruptured discs can be excruciating. In most situations, these disc issues may be resolved surgically. This is a standard process that entails removing the damaged disc.
- Craniotomy: It is said that thousands of people each year are victims of a brain stroke or brain damage. Fortunately, professional neurologists are available to conduct neurosurgical operations on these patients in order to preserve their lives. A craniotomy is one of the operations in which a piece of a patient’s skull is removed to make additional room for the brain to protect it from being crushed.
- Chiari Decompression: This treatment is performed on patients who have an abnormality in the brain that regulates balance. Arnold-Chiari malformation is another name for this disease. Chiari decompression is the most risk-free neurosurgical method for treating this disease, in which a bone near the back of the patient’s skull is removed to enhance the patient’s balance and coordination.
- Laminectomy: This is a minimally invasive treatment that involves making tiny incisions in the skin to remove a little piece of the lamina or vertebral bone. This is a popular surgery for individuals who have significant back pain.
- Epilepsy surgery: Medications are often used as the initial and most basic treatment for persons suffering from epilepsy. If the medications are ineffective, the neurological expert will recommend surgical therapy as a last resort. The majority of the operations include the removal of a small part of the brain that is responsible for causing deadly seizures.
- Spinal fusion: This treatment is used to treat degenerative illnesses or severe spinal injuries. Spinal fusion surgery is used to keep the patient’s spine in a stable posture.
Why choose Fortis?
Fortis Memorial Research Hospital Gurgaon provides cutting-edge neurosurgery treatment, including life-saving, technically challenging surgeries for adults and children suffering from complicated and dangerous diseases. They are at the forefront of treating brain, spine, and nervous system disorders with cutting-edge techniques such as awake brain surgery, robotics, intraoperative MRI, computer-assisted brain surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and deep brain stimulation.
The Department of Neurology is dedicated to providing best-in-class therapies by combining their excellent medical knowledge, technology, and innovation. The department is manned by a world-class team of surgeons, physicians, and nurses who provide cutting-edge diagnostics utilizing the most advanced neuroimaging methods.
Neurologists and neurosurgeons at Fortis Hospital Gurugram Haryana have extensive expertise in treating various sorts of brain, spine, and nervous system disorders. They collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of specialists to find the best therapy for you.
Credihealth has additional information about the hospital as well as comprehensive profiles of the clinicians that work there. Credihealth appointments may now be booked online.